Difference between revisions of "CCTBX"
|Line 68:||Line 68:|
Revision as of 10:15, 20 September 2005
We need someone to make some edits to this page. I don't know anything about cctbx except what's shown here.
Computational Crystallography Toolbox
Using With PyMol
On a Mac
Windows XP (Roger Dodd)
1. Download and install python (to the default location - C:\Python24)
1a. If you want to use the draw_symops.py or draw_symops_cctbx.py scripts you also need to install numarray after installing python
2. Download cctbx *without* python included and unpack into C:\cctbx_build and C:\cctbx_sources
3. Download pymol built against python 2.4 (but not including its own python) and install in the default location
(You cannot use the latest beta versions which include their own version of python to the best of my knowledge)
4. Create 2 files (use notepad or wordpad or any other text editor) and save in the C:\Program Files\Delano Scientific\PyMOL directory:
@python -x "%~f0" %* & exit /b import cctbx import pymol
CALL C:\cctbx_build\setpaths_all.bat CALL "C:\Program Files\Delano Scientific\PyMOL\pymol.cmd"
5. One other thing, it's important to have python in your path variable (which you can access by going to control panel|system|advanced|environment variables), just add C:\python24 to the end of the path variable, separated by a semi-colon.
Linux (Robert Campbell)
When you run the setpaths.sh script, it adds the cctbx_build/bin directory to the *front* of your $PATH. In that directory is a shell script called "python" that sets the environment necessary to import cctbx. So, to get cctbx to work, you have to call python without prefixing a directory path. If you were like me and had:
/usr/bin/python $PYMOL_PATH/modules/launch_pymol.py $*
in your pymol.com file, then it would not run that cctbx_build/bin/python script. So you need to either change the above line to:
python $PYMOL_PATH/modules/launch_pymol.py $*
(assuming you've already run the setpaths.sh script) or you need to copy the cctbx_build/bin/python contents (without the actual "python" command) into your pymol.com file or some other file that you source before pymol.com.
Within pymol, type the command:
and you should now see the cctbx directories show up.
I hope this is clear enough!