PyMol Wiki Home
You have reached the (new) home of the PyMolWiki, a user-driven web-oriented CMS.
Please excuse the mess as we create the PyMolWiki site. The wiki will be a valuable educational & reference tool for PyMol users.
If you feel like helping out, please login and get to work. :-) For design/layout purposes you must be logged in to edit pages. We now need people to assist with
- Wiki schema/design/organization: Below you'll find the current layout design
- Graphic design and CSS layout: We need logos, BG images and CSS layout
- Importing the email list content: We have (lots) of email to sift through, extract data from and import into the Wiki
- Smoothing out the edges: Editors are needed just to fix our typos!
If you feel you have the time to help import data into the PyMol wiki, please email Tree.
We need your help. So join today & happy editing!
- Technical Issues
- Basic Usage
- Advanced Issues
- High-level applications
- 3rd Party Software
- Using PyMol For Unintended Uses
We need to put each one of these in a category above, or make a new section above where appropriate.
- Mouse Controls
- Command Language
- Atom Selections
- Movies and Animations
- Cartoon Representations
- Settings Reference (all settings and what they do)
- Stereo 3D Display
- Crystallography Applications
- NMR Applications
- Arbitrary Graphics Objects
- Python Integration
- Rendering molecules
- Modeling and editing structures.
- How to do electrostatics and energy minimization.
- Launching PyMOL (has been asked often)
- Some kind of "script collection" would be very useful
- Creating publication-quality images HOWTO
Most of these points fall into some higher category. Here is a proposal how they could be arranged (krother):
- I. Technical issues (installation, hardware)
- II. Basic usage (controls, rendering, selections)
- III. Advanced issues (Ray tracing, settings, movies)
- IV. Scripting
- V. Plugins
- VI. High-level applications (Crystallography, NMR)
Tree 02:09, 16 Feb 2005 (CST)